Slough Safeguarding Children

Are you worried about your home life? scared? confused? need help?

You are not alone. There is help for you. Talk to an adult you trust, a teacher or support worker in school for example.

Contact CHILDLINE who will also help and advise you.

Abuse can be:

  • Physical
  • Emotional
  • Sexual
  • Neglect
  • Exploitation

Sometimes parents argue a lot and this can be really upsetting and if there is violence or parents are abusive of each other this can really effect how you feel, your concentration at school might be affected and you may not know how to deal with these feelings.

Parents take illegal drugs or drink too much alcohol  don't always realise the effect this is having on their children. Even though parents may love their children, sometimes they cannot pay attention to the child's needs. 

If something is worrying you or making you scared, it is important to talk to someone you trust so you can get help. If you don't know who to turn to, or want to speak to someone that doesn't know you, there are people that can help:

If you are in danger call the police on 999

Or you can speak to a social worker in Slough on 01753 875362  

Call Childline on  0800 1111

Explore this website for more information.

CLICK HERE to read about your rights as a child